There are many benefits to be gained by registering your vessels with St. Kitts & Nevis, not least the rapid turnaround of enquiries and applications from our worldwide network of maritime registrars. But equally important is the SKANREG ethos, which all members of our team are committed to upholding.
There are many advantages to registering your vessels with St. Kitts & Nevis, not least the rapid turnaround of enquiries and applications from our worldwide network of maritime registrars. But equally important is the SKANREG ethos, which all members of our team are committed to upholding.
There are 5 key aspects to the SKANREG ethos, which provide valuable peace-of-mind and a competitive advantage to clients who choose to register with us. These are support, safety, reliability, flexibility and economics.
- All of our procedures are in accordance with our Merchant Shipping Act and IMO Regulations
- We have trained & experienced staff worldwide
- We are accredited by ISO 9001 2015
- We assist our Ship owners and Managers on Port State Control (PSC) deficiencies & detentions
- All of our crew are certified as per STCW Standards.
- Our Flag State services are available worldwide.
- Prevention is better than detention
- We will fully support its owners and managers in the event of an emergency
- We have around the clock technical support from experienced senior management staff, who are based at Head Office, and across our Maritime Registrar network.
- We endeavour to provide all solutions on the same day.
- Our Head Office is based on the outskirts of London
- Our Services are available in over 35 countries around the world
- All of our Registration Documents are issued locally, with the control of issuance managed at Head Office
- Direct access to Senior Management at any time.
- Our target is to provide Ship Registration on the same day
- We can provide tailor-made decisions on the same day
- We offer flexible multi-registration rights
- We strive to keep costs as low as possible for our owners.
- We do not have any hidden fees and will always provide a transparent explanation to our costs
- We offer major discounts on vessel registrations for new buildings and vessels that have been built within the last 5 years
- Special discounts for multiple registrations
- Recognition that “Time is Money”
DEPARTMENT OF MARITIME AFFAIRS
The St. Kitts & Nevis International Ship Registry (SKANReg), an International Open register, falls under the jurisdiction of the Department of Maritime Affairs, Ministry of Tourism & International Transport.
ST. KITTS & NEVIS MEMBERSHIPS:
- International Maritime Organisation (IMO)
- International Telecommunications Union (ITU)
- International Labour Organisation (ILO)
There are no restrictions on ownership of St. Kitts and Nevis ships, this being applicable to both local and foreign corporations and individuals. Appointment of a Maritime Resident Agent in the Federation, is required.
The capital cities and Ports of Registry of St. Kitts & Nevis respectively are, Basseterre & Charlestown. With its Operational Head Office located in the suburbs of London, UK, SKANReg spans the office opening hours of most major shipping & business centres.
The International Registrar of Shipping & Seamen is the sole authority for the Registration of St. Kitts & Nevis Ships and Seamen, reporting to the Department of Maritime Affairs, Ministry of Tourism & International Transport whose office is in St. Kitts. The Registrar controls the issuance of all documentation issued on behalf of SKANReg.
a) No, a company or individual outside of St. Kitts & Nevis may own a ship.
b) St. Kitts & Nevis registered companies will however benefit from a reduced Registration Fee when a ship is first registered with SKANReg
a) Download the Application Forms on this website and submit them to the International Registrar, a Maritime Registrar, the Department of Maritime Affairs or a Service Provider. Details of all these offices are on this website.
a) Unless you are a “Kittian” or a “Nevisian”, yes a Maritime Resident Agent is required for each and every ship registered with SKANReg.
a) Details of Service Providers who can act as a Maritime Resident Agent are on this website OR
b) The International Registrar can provide information.
a) There are no age restrictions, but vessels over 20 years old may be subject to an inspection by a surveyor from SKANReg, before being accepted for registration. The fee for this survey is paid by the shipowner.
b) Vessels that were built within the last 5 years will benefit through reduced registration fees.
a) Yes, Insurance/P+I cover for third party claims is required.
a) Yes. Our Mortgage legislation is based on British legislation and has been accepted by all major lenders involved in shipping finance.
b) The International Registrar can provide more information on this subject.
c) The Mortgage Registration procedure can be found on the Mortgage page or by clicking on the following link. Mortgage Registration Procedure
a) Yes, arrangements can be found on this website.
a) These are issued through SKANReg.